Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hugh Laurie Should be my Husband

DID I EVER TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE HOUSE?!?!?!?!?!?! The season premiere was last night and it was fucking amazing. I remembered just how much I love house and just how much of a byronic hero he is. For those of you who don't know that literary term, I will lay it out for you.

A byronic hero is an antihero who is a romanticized but wicked character. Conventionally this is a young and attractive figgure, (I think this means that it is someone who the girls are all chasing after, and though house is getting up there, he has no trouble with the ladies, so I am willing to overlook his not fitting into this category) with a bad reputation. He defies authority and conventional morality, and becomes paridoxically enobled by this particular rejection of virtue.

If you compare Hugh Laurie's character to these standards you will find that he is most deffinately suited to win an award for his Byron-like characteristics. Last nights show was extremely dramatic, and had my friends and I all at the edge of our seats. The surprizing yet happy ending makes us all the more excited for the next episode. I am disappointed that I missed Big Bang Theory, as that show gives me my laughs for the whole week, but I think I can find it online so I am not too disappointed in my choice to miss the episode in exchange for the drama presented by the producer's of House.

No comments:

Post a Comment